- Taiwan – UK Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme re-opening on 7 March 2013
- South Korea: UK Youth Mobility Scheme opens February 2013
- South Africa and Zimbabwe: pre-entry TB screening for UK visas to start 31-12-2013
- Changes to the UKBA visa decision-making process in Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden
- Nepal: UKBA introduces TB screening in Nepal
- Malaysia: UKBA introduces Tuberculosis testing for UK visas from 31 December 2012
- Croatia joining the EU – How will this affect you as a Croatian national in terms of entry to the UK
- Changes to the requirements for UK biometric residence permits
Tag Archives: transit visa
I am a DATv national, I do not qualify for the visa waiver and I will pass UK en route to another Common Travel Area destination. Which visa do I need?
I am a DATv national and do not qualify for the visa waiver. Which visa do I need? Your country is on the list of so-called DATv (Direct Airside Transit visa) countries and you do not qualify for the visa … Continue reading
What is a valid uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA)?
What is a uniform format category D visa for entry to a state in the European Economic Area (EEA)? Several years ago, the EEA Member States introduced a uniform format visa vignette (a green coloured vignette, which all member states … Continue reading
UK Airside Transit and Transit without visa concession What is airside transit? You transit the UK airside if you arrive here on a flight, remain in the arrival lounge of the airport without passing through UK immigration control, and then … Continue reading
The UK, the Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are known as the Common Travel Area. Nationals of some countries are known as ‘visa nationals’ because they will normally require a visa to come to … Continue reading
Do you need a visa to transit landside? You transit landside if you arrive on a flight, pass through immigration control and then leave the UK within 48 hours (or 24 hours if you are travelling under the ‘travel without … Continue reading